Friday, July 9, 2010

I had another nightmare

I'm standing there, a single red rose dangling loosely in a hanging hand. The thorns are cutting into my palm, I know, because I can feel them. I squeeze the rose tighter, until I can feel the blood flowing through the lines of my skin, down to my nails and dripping to the floor. My eyes are unwavering. They are blank and bland. They are lifeless and dull. I'm wearing what seems to be a baggy t-shirt that is navy blue, and the jeans are torn and ripped, as if I had taken a knife to them. I'm barefoot. My hair hangs limply at my back, the ends reaching below my shoulders. Then this blinding light bursts into the dream, I shield my face, the rose going up to my head with my hand. When the light fades, I'm in this room. It's all white. No shadows, no hope. Just pure white. I fall into a sitting position, the rose is now with my hand on my knees. I sit there for who knows how long. I hear a steady drip, drip, drip, drip coming from somewhere. When I look around, I see the source. In a corner of the room, on the ceiling I'm guessing, is a dark red stain. It's dripping onto the floor. Crimson droplets splatter. The scent of blood is there. I scream, picking myself up to stand, the rose still in my hand. I turn around, and there's this image there. It's a silhouette of a man proposing to this woman... So sweet and romantic. Then it changes, they're married now, she's pregnant with a little one. It changes again, this time, they're in a court room, divorce... He leaves her for another woman, a better one. The pregnant woman is left alone. She cries, she's about six months pregnant, but she kills herself after he leaves. I back up rapidly, terrified of what the image had shown. I then remember the blood, and turn around, but it's gone. Instead, there's a curled up bundle of blankets there. I get curious, so I walk to it, and it moves. I freeze, my breathing hard and raspy. Sweat drips along my forehead, my palm is still bloodied and sore, and now swollen, from the rose thorns. The bundle moves again, then it leaps towards me. It grabs hold of me, then I see it's decaying face. Death wants to take me again. I struggle, screaming and fighting. But it's stronger than me. It keeps its hold, then it takes the rose and the rose withers away to ash... I cried at that, and somehow my brain had made me scream out a name... As if the name would save me from this dreadful beast. When I scream the name, the beast lets go, and it screams its own hideous cry. It vanishes. I am left there, with that name still ringing in my ears, still dancing on my tongue, and I whisper it two more times before I black out, and I fall. Then I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment